Rich in fibre, protein, iron, phosphorus and other essential nutrients.
- 2/3 cup cooked cut oats
- 2/3 cup cooked oats rice
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted whole walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons smooth almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey, (or more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
Toast the walnuts in a heavy skillet until somewhat brown. Remove from the heat immediately and coarsely chop, while warm, with a large knife. Set aside and prepare the porridge.
Warm the oats and rice together with half a cup of almond milk in a small, heavy saucepan, until hot. Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir again to combine thoroughly. Mix thoroughly until a paste (or leave chunky if you prefer), then add in the walnuts. Serve hot and enjoy!